how to maintain beard while growing? And how to care naturally?
The American Academy of Dermatology says: “If you want a healthy-looking beard, you need to take care of the skin underneath. To keep your facial hair healthy, follow the advice of board-certified dermatologists.
The Academy presented the advice of Dr. Moss Anthony Rossi, a dermatologist and surgeon, on 3 simple steps to get a healthy-looking beard:
1- Washing: Wash your face and beard every day with a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type. For best results, Dr. Rossi recommends:
- Gently massage the cleanser into your beard and the skin underneath, using circular motions with your fingertips (not your fingernails).
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
Use a clean towel to gently pat your face dry, leaving the skin slightly damp.
Wet skin will make your next step more effective.
2- Moisturizing: If you do not have acne or oily skin, moisturizing helps soften the hair of the beard and prevent its entanglement, as well as softening the skin under the beard, to prevent dryness, peeling, or itching.
Your skin type and beard length will determine which moisturizer is best for you. Dr. Rossi advises the following:
- During the stubble stage: If you are prone to developing ingrown hairs, the stubble stage may be difficult. To help prevent ingrown hairs during this phase, Dr. Rossi recommends using an exfoliating cleanser that’s extra gentle on the skin, once or twice a week. Then apply moisturizer immediately after.
- During the full and proliferation of beard growth, Dr. Rossi recommends the following
moisturizing: – Oily or acne-prone skin: Beard balm.
- Normal and dry skin: beard oil.
- Sensitive (often irritated) skin: A fragrance-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer.
To get the best results from your moisturizer, Dr. Rossi says:
-Apply moisturizer immediately after washing (or exfoliating), making sure to apply it to your skin and beard.
Massage the moisturizer into your beard.
Use beard balm or beard oil sparingly.
Moisturizing also makes your next — and final — step easier.
3- Combing: The academy says: “Use the beard comb to detangle and comb the hair, and this is easier when it is wet. And also after applying beard balm or oil, to distribute it evenly on the hair. Also, use a beard comb when trimming your beard with scissors.” “That’s all you need to do for the daily care of your beard.
How do beginners take care of beards?
- Step 1: Keep your beard clean with a beard wash. …
- Step 2: Grab a beard oil to moisturize those locks. …
- Step 3: Keep it stylish with beard balm. …
- Step 4: Condition your beard hair with beard softener. …
- Step 5: Maintain your beard with a beard brush.
What improves beard growth?
- Diet. Good nutrition from eating a healthy, balanced diet may benefit your beard as well as your body. …
- Beard growth vitamins and supplements. Many supplements are specifically targeted toward beard growth. …
- Sleep. Sleep is essential for optimal overall health. …
- Washing and moisturizing.